Thursday, February 4, 2010

What's a plant like you doing here?


The rain we have had over the last four weeks 
has brought out the wisteria like I haven't seen it in 10 years 
the roses have had a second magnificent showing
 and the South African daisy has gone berserk



So here I tried for an artistic shot!!to try and disguise the lawn
 (DIDN'T WORK!)
so here goes with the second worst area



The grass has gone.
Now don't get me wrong we have large swathes of green
 (which I am not going to photograph just yet)

The problem is IT'S NOT GRASS

Sooooo,

to cut a long story short
 we had the local weeds officer here yesterday.
We  have 3/4 acre of bindy, cat head 
 and just about every other weed you could name

Soooooo,

back he came this morning with the dawn
 and sprayed avoiding the roses etc
he did use a spray that should leave what little grass we have still living
so hopefully we won't look like this 
(Photo by Dorothea  Lange)

As he was leaving 
I happened to mention
 (in passing) 
that I hoped he had not sprayed near the outside loo 
because I really loved this plant
isn't it beautiful?
It stands over six feet high and about 8' long.

THE POOR MAN!

I truly think he hated having to tell me 
that this plant I was so proud of was
 'green cestrum'
an incredibly noxious weed that is a disaster to cattle, sheep and horses!!!

IT HAS TO GO IMMEDIATELY

and the point to this story is?

I DON'T HAVE A GREEN THUMB!!!!!

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get such a kick out of your comments so please leave one. Its like finding that extra present under the Christmas tree!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails