Wednesday, December 29, 2010

the 12 days of an Australian Christmas....


After six weeks of Christmas everywhere I look
it has just  plain disappeared,
to hide away until next year
but
I am not finished with Christmas
for me it lasts until the eve 
of the epiphany January 5th
our Christmas decorations
 stay up until the twelfth day of Christmas
a tradition that has always been in my family
and thinking about that reminded me 
of one of my favourite Christmas songs

The Twelve days of Christmas

so I borrowed an
Australian version from




On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me
A kookaburra in a gum tree



On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me
Two cockatoos, 
and a kookaburra in a gum tree


On the third day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Three parakeets.........
Two cockatoos, 
and a kookaburra in a gum tree



On the fourth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Four great galahs,
Three parakeets,
Two cockatoos, 
and a kookaburra in a gum tree


On the fifth  day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Five opals black......
(etc fill in the rest yourself  otherwise  my fingers will seize up!!!!)


On the sixth  day of Christmas my true love sent to me 
Six 'roos a-jumping........


On the seventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Seven emus running.......


On the eighth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Eight koalas clinging.........


On the ninth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Nine wombats waddling........


On the tenth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Ten dingoes dashing.......


On the eleventh  day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Eleven snakes a-sliding.......


On the twelfth  day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Twelve goannas going.......


On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me
Twelve goanna goin,

 Eleven snakes a-sliding,
Ten dingoes dashing, 

Nine wombats waddling,
Eight koalas clinging,

 Seven emus running,
Six 'roos a-jumping, 

Five opals black,
Four great galahs, 

Three parakeets,
Two cockatoos, 

And a kookaburra up a gum tree.




and all the images are from Google images


Goodnight

3 comments:

  1. Julienne this is so cool, I loved seeing all the picts exceptfor the snake,ewwww!!! I have a little phobia on that count. Loved the opals, that is my birthstone!!! Have a great day my dear Aussie friend, from your Calif gal, Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this Julienne. Funnily enough I actually saw the first 4 birds featured on my daily walk around the Valley this morning! The snake - well, it was on the roof of our aviary last Tuesday night and the Goanna lives in a tree in my bottom paddock. All I need now are the koalas, kangaroo, dingoes and wombat! Have a wonderful New Year. ;)Sharyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules,

    The goanna image you have used, is mine. I gave Australia Walkabout Park permission to use it as long as I was credited as the photographer.

    http://walkaboutpark.com.au/index.php?id=228

    I have not given my permission for it to be used anywhere else, so it was not a freely available Google image.

    If you intend to continue using the image, I think it only fair that you provide the appropriate photographer's credit.

    Rebecca Hamby

    ReplyDelete

I get such a kick out of your comments so please leave one. Its like finding that extra present under the Christmas tree!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails