Monday, May 23, 2011

The tomato lady soup...!




1 large onion chopped
half a medium pumpkin chopped
6 - 8 medium ripe tomatoes
2 cups of chicken stock (4-5 cubes)
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
2 teaspoons basil

Put everything in a soup pot. Bring to the boil, 
cover and simmer
 until pumpkin is soft.
Puree and then strain
Serve with lots of black pepper and sour cream


Once you have made this soup using the recipe above
you can then improvise like I do
garlic not crushed, basil not chopped
sometimes more pumpkin than tomato
sometimes the other way round!!


and truly, somewhere in there, there is also pumpkin

Top hated pumpkin soup and really disliked tomato soup
but this is one of his absolute favourites
and every year I fill a freezer drawer full.
on Sunday night a warm bowl and some crusty bread 
WOW!!!

In the height of summer sieve twice 
so it is like velvet and serve cold
WOW! WOW!!!

at the moment my freezer is full of many different types of soup
made by incredibly wonderful women
but there is no Tomato Lady Soup!!!

I thought you might like to try this with me
and we can all share a bowl

Goodnight

8 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious and very comforting. Would love to try it. Look forward to sharing a bowl. (like the idea of the pumpkin in it too)
    Take care
    Rebecca xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please - and then maybe a second bowl.
    There are few soups that are good hot or cold, so I will have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just hate people who leave out an important ingredient?!!! If you use supermarket tomatoes it needs sugar to taste if home grown it probably doesn't but sometimes I add a bit. Just enjoy. xx Julienne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tomato soup and pumpkin soup but never thought of combing the two -- I'll have to give this a try later in the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great recipe - think I will give it a go (but have to modify cream with yoghurt I think at the moment!) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds soooo silky. I am definitely printing this out. I wonder if I could use canned pumpkin. I'm not sure where to find fresh this time of year here in AZ. I have some butternut squash coming on the garden. I might be able to substitut those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds yummy.

    i would love to try this.

    sorry i have been m.i.a. lately,
    i have been crazy busy.

    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

I get such a kick out of your comments so please leave one. Its like finding that extra present under the Christmas tree!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails